What is SAIK?
Nearly every manager responsible for a company or institution efficient operation frequently asks himself the following question:
How to manage the keys? How to be in control of the circulation of keys? How to replace the register of given-out keys? How to relieve the porter from the nuisance of handling the keys, so that he can deal with other duties?
The effective solution to this problem comes with SAIK electronic deposit safes, which combine safe storage of keys with their access control and recording their circulation. SAIK is the abbreviation of the System of Automatic Key Identification designed and worked out by the bt electronics company.
Generally speaking, the system consists of an electronic cabinet for keys and the software which registers and permanently records every single act of collecting and giving out keys. Administrator of the control program – usually an authorized operative of a given user of the system – decides to grant key access rights to specific persons and determines periods of time when this access is possible. This system ideally suits clients who cannot or do not want to give up and do without mechanical keys but do have problems with the key management and recording the key circulation.
SAIK System offers a modern approach to key circulation management and provides full control over the access to staff rooms and documents and other valuable items deposited in deposit safes. Application of the SAIK system allows full identification and control of keys, deposit safes and employees, analysis of the data collected and enables instant reaction to emergency situations identified by the system.
Electronic cabinets of SAIK type together with their software have been in use for a dozen or so years with prestigious customers such as banks, public institutions and offices, higher education institutions, museums, old people’s houses, car saloons, enterprises and other entities where access control is an essential security factor.
What comes with the SAIK system?
SAIK system consists of the following elements:
- State-of-the-art electronic deposit safes for keys or other valuable items – it is a basic element of the system . A deposit safe, also called an electronic cabinet for keys, provides management and safe storage of keys or other valuable items. Number, size and type of deposit safes is not limited and depends exclusively on the requirements of the Customer.
- SAIK software – essential element of the system, which allows not only to grant access to protected resources but also to create reports of events in the system based on selected criteria and to carry out numerous other functions.
- Central database server – depending on the size of the system, it is installed either in one of the deposit safes or constitutes a separate element placed for example in the company server room.
- Power and logic wiring, supplementary accessories, such as cameras, frames, racks, monitors and alike.
How do SAIK electronic deposit safes work?
Electronic cabinets of SAIK type, professionally called deposit safes, are high-quality steel boxes containing a control panel and a general panel with sockets for the storage of keys. Each key is permanently connected with the help of a metal seal with a key ring which is blocked in a single panel socket. An electronic chip implanted in the key ring is readable by the device and correlated by the software with all information related to the key connected with it, such as its intended use, access authorization granted to particular employees, etc.
In order to collect a key from the cabinet, the user has to log in on the touch-sensitive display by putting a proximity card in front of it or/and entering a PIN number individually assigned. After correct logging in, the user selects from the list of keys the key to which he was granted access by the administrator. Pressing an ikon of a given key will automatically cause the general panel door to open, where sockets with locked key rings are located. A key selected before will be automatically illuminated by a color diode, so that a user is each time guided by the device to a certain key. Then the key blockade is released and the user is able to take a required key/keys out of its socket and close the panel door. The same procedure is to be followed upon returning the key, where the key can be placed in any socket, as the device will automatically identify a given key ring.
Persons not authorized to any key are not able to open the deposit safe, and persons authorized to collect a certain key, after opening the door, cannot collect a key to which they have no access rights because such keys continue to be blocked in its socket.
All improper operations performed in the cabinet can be defined as such by the system administrator and result in activating an alarm. Upon the performance of certain procedures, the cabinet will provide voice guidance for the user informing him of the commencement or completion of proper or improper operations.
Each act of collecting and returning the key as well as other events are recorded by the software and permanently entered in the memory card in the form of reports which the system administrator can then edit in accordance with certain search criteria.
A panel with keys can be expanded to contain also a cabinet with safe deposit boxes, where special big-size keys or any valuable items and documents can be stored. These might be for example cameras, tablets, data carriers or car registration cards. Configurations of key deposit safes and safe deposit boxes can be adjusted to individual requirements of particular clients.
SAIK Control software developed by bt electronics for managing cabinets for keys is intuitive and can be operated on a single local stationary computer, laptop or Ethernet.
Main advantages of using SAIK system
- Application of the System shall cut down the overheads of an enterprise or organization by shortening time-consuming procedures and elimination of redundant activities. The registers of key collections and returns become redundant, nobody will waste his time any longer for searching for keys or persons who have them in their possession at a given time. The change in employees’ awareness will lead to minimizing the risk of losing keys and employees who have dealt with their storage so far now will be able to focus on other activities. All these aspects eventually translate into financial and time efficiency in the organization management , which is a key success factor in competitive environment.
- These devices are fully self-serviced , operate around the clock 7 days a week, without a necessity of constant supervision.
- Thanks to equipping socket for keys and safe deposit boxes with advanced electronics and connecting them to the computer network, the system not only protects valuable items but also allows full control of access to them.
- The system is ideal for organizations, institutions and enterprises which need to store and give out keys/items to their employees or external service providers in an efficient , safe, and supervised manner.
key deposit safe
insert deposit safe
deposit safe for containers with keys
deposit safe for car keys
deposit safe for important keys
deposit safe not only for keys
deposit safe for alarming situations
keys in tubes
a simple cabinet without a key blocking
Have you not found information you were looking for on our website?
Would you like to enquire about a tailor-made offer? Feel free to contact us for any further information!
Company: bt electronics sp. z o.o.
Addres: ul. Rybitwy 22
Tel: (+48) 12 410 20 33
Fax: (+48) 12 410 85 11